1) When will registration be open?
Registration for accepted applicants will be open in February.
2) Will I have to pay for registration?
Yes. If you are accepted, you will be sent a link to register and pay the registration fee. The registration fee is 7500 INR (100 USD) for students, and 20000 INR (300 USD) for professionals.
3) When do we find out about the application outcome?
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis. The first acceptances will be announced mid-January. Don't wait until the last minute. The sooner you apply, the better chances you have of being accepted.
4) Will I receive a certificate after participation at the conference?
Yes, absolutely! All participants will receive a certificate and other goodies after participation at the conference.
5) Do I have to apply and register as a BPC participant too? Is that a separate thing?
No, you don't have to. BUT if you have a startup and want a chance to win $10K, then you should definitely consider applying to the Business Plan Competition.
**Please note: if you apply to BPC, you do not have to apply through the general application, since you are automatically considered for the general application. However, if you apply through the general application, you are NOT automatically considered for BPC.
5) If I have attended a GSW in the past, are there ways that I can be more involved?
If you’re a veteran of the Global Startup Workshop, there are two ways you can get more involved:
1) Share the GSW with your network
- Upload a short 1-2 minute video to YouTube using #MITGSW.
- Send a testimonial about your previous experience to email@example.com.
- Time commitment: 30 minutes.
2) Become a mentor
- Share your experience with budding entrepreneurs
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Time commitment: 2-3 days during the GSW.
If you have any questions, write to email@example.com, or simply reply to this email. We look forward to connecting with you, and hope to see you in Hyderabad this spring!